For your convenience, Forum credentials are now linked to your Billing credentials.

Shoutcast?

Perhaps this would be better suited to inquire of the support team, but I thought I might try the boards before doing so:

Does anyone know what happened to the shoutcast servers? shout01.lostinspacehosting.com is basically a 404 now. We (wrfnradio.com) had been having some problems with our main broadcasting port turning itself off for the past month or so, and when I tried to log in to turn it back on a couple of days ago, I found that the page no longer exists. ? Were the shoutcast servers terminated? I hope not!

PS -The forums look great. It will be interesting to get to know other people hosted here, as well as you fantastic mod people. :D

Comments

• edited 9:09AM
    wrfnradio,

First, welcome to the forums!

All previous shoutcast customers have their server located within their cpanel now. Check there and let us know.

If there is another issue, hit http://support.lostinspacehosting.com.
  • edited May 2007
    Whew! Thanks. I should have checked there first, but it didn't even occour to me. I like having it with everything else in the cpanel now. It makes things a bit less complicated.

Thanks again!
    Np.

Simply use your domain.com:port for the connection address.

Contact me directly if you need some redirects setup or something - shout.domain.com - or something similar.

Also, I believe you had a few servers? Unfortunately with the cpanel version, you can only have one (may change in the future).
    Great! Thanks again.

We originally had three ports, but one is suiting us just fine for the time being. Since we're a university station, most of the activity around the station has lulled a bit right now, since many of the DJs had to go home for the summer.

I really appreciate how helpful all of you are. I have been with a couple of other webhosts before for other website probjects, and they acted more as absentee landlords than actual hosts. You're all so helpful and accessible. It's great.
    Again, np.

Thanks for the kind words as well. Unlike most web hosts, we view your satisfaction as our job too ;).
  • edited August 2007
    I'm having a bit of trouble locating the shoutcast manager in the control panel again. I think the port needs to be turned on because we're unable to connect to broadcast, but I am no longer able to find the page where I do that since cpanel got a bit of a facelift. Help! Where did it go this time?
    We've started the server for you. The shoutcast extension we're using isn't compatible yet with cpanel 11 V3 them so you won't be able to see the icon.

Just let us know if you need the server restarted at http://support.lostinspacehosting.com.
    Great! Thanks so much! :D You guys are always so prompt & helpful.
    Is the Shoutcast server undergoing maintenance right now? We're having some downtime because of trouble connecting since about 4:45EST today...
    We did experience a reboot on certain servers today. Shoutcast servers should all be back up now though.

Let us know.
    Great! Thanks. Everything seems to be working fine now.